16 May, 2017
Coroner Gary Watts said 16-year-old David Cripe had a Mountain Dew, a latte and an energy drink on April 26 before he collapsed at Spring Hill High School.
"Davis was a great kid, and being his parent was a great honor to Heidi [his mother] and me", said the boy's father Sean Cripe said.
Davis had no pre-existing heart conditions and had taken no other drugs or alcohol, stated the coroner's report. We worry about their safety, their health, especially once they start driving.
Arrhythmias are abnormal heart rhythms - when the heart beat slows down or speeds up, which caffeine can affect - and cause most sudden cardiac deaths.
Chelsea hope to seal title at West Brom on Friday
It's been ongoing for as long as the season has been with us. "Now we have three chances to exploit, to become champions". The main focus of Chelsea's player was the diagonal cross which created a lot of problem for the Middlesbrough defense.
Concessions pave way for new South Korea leader
The victor is expected to be sworn in on Wednesday, after the Election Commission releases the official result. She has been indicted on bribery, extortion and other corruption charges, which could see her jailed for life.
Wizards use monster third quarter to even series
Coming into the game, the Celtics are leading the series 2-1 and have the chance of moving to within one more win of progressing. The lead eventually touched 30, but unlike games at the Garden where they lost large margins and the games, the Wizards held on.
The father of the teen said his son, Davis Cripe, was healthy at the time of his death.
Watts didn't want to call Davis' death the result of a caffeine overdose, saying, "You can have five people line up right here and all of them do the exact same thing that happened with him that day - drink more - and it may not have any kind of effect on them at all".
He also urged people to avoid highly caffeinated drinks.
American medical research group the Mayo Clinic say on its website that "up to 400 milligrams of caffeine a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults". "It wasn't a vehicle crash that took his life", an emotional Sean said.
"The objective here today is not to slam Mountain Dew, not to slam cafe lattes, or energy drinks". Parents: please talk to your kids about the dangers of these energy drinks. He added that Davis had "a previous history of drinking" caffeinated beverages but nothing that his family considered to be an addiction. "They can contain a significant amount of caffeine as well as other stimulants", she said. "Our goal here today is to let people know, especially our young kids in school, that these drinks can be unsafe, and be very careful with how you use them, and how many you drink on a daily basis".