17 May, 2017
After Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors refused a government request to recall several of their vehicles last month, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport held a hearing on Monday to discuss the automakers' objections.
Today, Hyundai and Kia said they "accept the administrative order", adding: "There have been no reported injuries or accidents from the cited issues".
Kim Gwang-ho, a 55-year-old Hyundai employee of 25 years, told the BBC he couldn't let it go on any longer.
The planned recalls will add to the 1.5 million cars which Hyundai and Kia offered to fix last month in South Korea and the U.S. over possible engine stalling.
This is published unedited from the IANS feed. While Hyundai's sister company didn't reveal the cars it plans to launch in 2019, we believe a compact sedan and a compact SUV will be the first ones to be rolled out from the Andhra Pradesh plant. It is a blow to Hyundai, which is already reeling from a record-low market share in its home market. After investigating 32 vehicle defects leaked previous year by a whistleblower at Hyundai Motor, the Ministry recommended last month that Hyundai and Kia initiate a voluntary recall for some of the defects.
Dangerous Severe Weather Possible Tuesday
However, it doesn't appear high end severe weather will be as likely as cooler air intrudes into the area. Don't forget to download the latest NewsChannel 7 app in i-Tunes or the Droid/Google Play store.
SC teen dies after drinking diet soda, latte, energy drink
Davis had no pre-existing heart conditions and had taken no other drugs or alcohol, stated the coroner's report. The father of the teen said his son, Davis Cripe , was healthy at the time of his death.
Tunnel collapse renews safety concerns about nuclear site
The rail tunnel was built in 1956 out of timber, concrete and steel, topped by 8 feet of dirt. The committee oversees the department's management of the cleanup efforts.
The ministry also denied earlier reports that Hyundai Motor Group is considering to carry out a voluntary recall to fix its problems.
Hyundai conducted the North American recall voluntarily, saying it was inspecting the engines for metal debris in the crankcase caused by a manufacturing process defect that has been corrected. Hyundai and Kia have been criticized for the lackadaisical way in which they have dealt with questions about product quality.
Hyundai Motors Malta said it was investigating whether any vehicles in Malta were affected.
Upon receiving the ministry's recall order, the carmakers are required to announce their recall plans through media and notify the owners of affected vehicles of their planned recalls within the next 30 days, it said.