16 October, 2017
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation or IRCTC which manages the catering of Tejas Express tweeted that all the passengers who are hospitalised are "out of danger". The train was halted at Chiplun and the passengers were taken to a hospital.
Railway Ministry officials said the train was stopped at Chiplun in the Konkan region of Maharashtra following complaints by the passengers of train no 22120 Tejas with symptoms of food poisoning.
He also said that the IRCTC has collected the raw material from the kitchen. According to IRCTC, a total of 300 meals had been served in the morning. A group of seven passengers complained of nausea and were attended to by the onboard supervisor.
After Delhi's full ban, Chhattisgarh says no to loud firecrackers this Diwali
Diwali is on October 19 and the order effectively means that no firecrackers will be available for purchase before the festival. Sikri, while restoring the order, said: "We should see at least in one Diwali the impact of a cracker-free festivity".
Dallas Cowboys: Sean Lee ruled out vs
If the Cowboys defense isn't at full strength on Sunday, the Rams could be in the flawless position to pull off a huge upset. Linebacker Sean Lee didn't practice again Friday, and the Cowboys list him as questionable to play Sunday against the Rams .
Japan's defense chief warns of possible North Korea provocation on October 10
This would be Trump's first visit to Asia after he took charge as the President of the United States . The countries which he will likely to visit are China, Japan , South Korea , Vietnam and Philippines.
Around 24 passengers fell ill in a suspected food poisoning case after consuming food from onboard pantry of Tejas Express on Sunday, news agency ANI reported. Officials added that the food sample of breakfast and soup was sent for testing. Passengers have complained of poor quality of food being served on the train in the past. When the train arrived in Mumbai at 9.30 pm, numerous other passengers related their ordeal.
In a letter addressed to all zonal general managers, the railway board had said that Goyal has asked that food served to passengers has the name of the supplier or contractor, weight, date of packing and a distinct symbol indicating if it is vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Dilip said, "We were not hungry, so refrained from eating". The couple are a part of a group of 23 who had started their journey from Kolkata on October 6 and were on their way to Mumbai from Goa. Sanjay Rao (32), a resident of Panjim, was travelling in the C-5 compartment of the coach with three other family members. Chiplun is in Ratnagiri district, almost 260 km from Mumbai.