10 December, 2017
This unsafe combination is what fire crews were greeted with when a prank went drastically wrong in Wolverhampton this week.
Watch Commander Shaun Dakin, officer in charge of the West Midlands Fire Service crew who responded, said: "As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured". A friend then used a hair dryer to harden the mixture. It took an hour and half for the man to come unstuck.
Jay Swingler, the YouTube personality and social media prankster, gained worldwide notoriety this week after posting a video in which he purposefully lodges and "cements" his head into a microwave using the spackling paste, Polyfilla. He put his head, covered by a plastic bag and with a tube for breathing, into a microwave filled with a plaster called Polyfilla, then had a friend use a hair dryer to harden the plaster.
"As amusing as this sounds, this young man could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured", added Watch Commander Dakin.
CBOE to launch bitcoin futures trading Sunday
Official trading and full day trading of the futures will begin on December 11, and trading will be free through December. The cryptocurrency is now trading at roughly $11,400, as per CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index (BPI ).
The Last Supermoon Of The Year Will Rise Sunday Evening
The supermoon gets its name from the fact that the lunar orbit will be very close to Earth when the full moon takes place. The precise moment of formation of the full moon/supermoon is 10:46 am Eastern Times (ET) on December 3, 2017; (9:46 a.m.
Lady Bird Earns Highest Rotten Tomatoes Score Since Toy Story 2
" Lady Bird " became the site's best-reviewed film after it garnered 164 positive reviews , edging out 1999's " Toy Story 2 ". The movie now boasts a rare 100% score with 173 reviews and counting on an average rating of 8.9/10.
Watch Commander Shaun Dakin also said that whilst the story sounds amusing the man who was stuck could have been seriously injured or suffocated.
Taking apart the microwave oven was tricky as most parts of the appliance were welded together.
The man was left shaken, but unharmed, after his rescue. "But we had to be extremely careful with the screwdriver, working so closely to his head", Dakin reported.
"All of the group involved were very apologetic, but this was clearly a call-out which might have prevented us from helping someone else in genuine, accidental need".
Late Thursday, the channel shared a video, which contains some distressing scenes, of the stunt-gone-wrong.