Exploding e-cigarette kills 24-year-old Texas man

William Eric Brown
William Eric Brown
Author

07 February, 2019

A 24-year-old man in Fort Worth, Texas has died after a vape pen he was using exploded in his face and severed an artery to his brain, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

She said Brown had purchased a vape pen from Smoke and Vape DZ, but shop employees told CBS 11 News the man didn't purchase anything from the store.

Brown had visited the shop to seek help using a Mechanical Mod style pen.

Alice said she does not plan to sue the health network because it will not bring her grandson back to life, but remained critical of their decision not to operate.

"I miss him already, and knowing he won't open that door and come through it ever again is the hardest part", she added.

The incident happened last Sunday in a Fort Worth parking lot when 24-year-old William Eric Brown went to the store to buy some vaping supplies. "It's a waste of the things he could have accomplished", she said.

'It just all seems so unreal. He suffered from asthma and was told that a specialized vape pen might help improve his breathing, she told the newspaper.

Crowds fearless snow flurries to see United Kingdom royals Meghan and Harry
For her latest hairdo, the Duchess of Sussex gave the ultimate cool-girl hairstyle, the top knot, a royal makeover. She accented her dress with olive green boots that appear to be by designer Sarah Flint and retail for $695 .


Draft framework for Afghan peace 'agreed'
On Friday, Mr Ghani said more than 45,000 members of the country's security forces had been killed since he became leader in 2014. It quoted Khalilzad as saying he had discussed a ceasefire deal with the Taliban, but that there was no progress on the issue.


Light snow showers possible this weekend — FORECAST
Highs on Wednesday should be only around 30, and could struggle to reach 20 on Thursday when the core of the arctic blast arrives. A dry cold front will bring the FOX8 viewing area clouds on Sunday afternoon with highs for the day around 50 degrees.


"That three-piece thing went into his throat and stayed there, and that's what they should have taken out as soon as he went to the hospital, and they made a decision to wait until Monday or Tuesday", said Brown.

William Brown died two days after the January 27 explosion, which sent shrapnel into his neck and skull. She was told the battery caused the explosion. The agency notes that most explosions occur while the device's battery is charging.

There have been 195 incidents of explosions and fires caused by e-cigarettes reported by USA media between January 2009 and December 2016, according to a report from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The New York Legal Examiner reported that the true number is likely to be higher because not all injured people would go to hospital.

A United States man has died after an electronic cigarette exploded in his face.

A North Texas man was killed when an e-cigarette exploded in his face. The FDA said the incidents resulted in 133 acute injuries, 29% of them severe.

The Food and Drug Administration haswarned about the dangers of exploding e-cigarettes.


More news